Unsurprisingly, the single question most often asked by patients wishing to undergo a cosmetic procedure is, “How long will it take to recover?” This makes sense, given the fact that most of us lead busy lives.
It's Important To Note That…
- If you receive general anesthesia, you will need someone to stay at the office during your surgery and also drive you home.
- Most cosmetic procedures will require that you schedule assistance with childcare and errands in advance.
- Scheduling too little recovery time may create unnecessary stress. Give yourself extra time so that you can relax and return to work in good spirits.
- If your job is particularly physically demanding, you may need more time to recover than someone sitting at a desk.
- Patients undergoing facial procedures may need additional “non-social” time in order to avoid being seen with swelling or bruising.
The following is a general summary of what to expect for a variety of areas in the body, as well as standard recovery times for specific procedures.