American Board of Dermatology - American Board of Dermatology and Pathology - Dermatology Board Certification -Dermatopathology Board Certification
- CaroMont Regional Medical Center, Gastonia
Dr. William Fangman completed his medical training and internal medicine internship at the University of North Carolina where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. He completed his dermatology residency at Duke University Medical Center.
Following residency, Dr. Fangman completed fellowship training in dermatopathology, the field dedicated to the study of cutaneous disease at a microscopic level, at New York University. He is currently board-certified in both dermatology and dermatopathology.
Dr. Fangman also completed fellowship training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology at the University of Florida. This fellowship focused on the most advanced technique for removal of skin cancers.
Prior to joining Piedmont Plastic Surgery & Dermatology, Dr. Fangman was an associate professor of dermatology and pathology at Duke University Medical Center. He joined Piedmont Plastic Surgery and Dermatology in 2009 and became a partner in 2010.
Dr. Fangman’s current practice consists of all aspects of general dermatology with particular interest and expertise in skin cancer prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Most importantly, Dr. Fangman is committed to providing his patients with the highest quality of care in a comfortable and caring environment.
- Duke University Medical Center – Assistant Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) and Pathology, August 2006 – January 2008
Publications And Presentations
- Keegan BR, Kamino H, Fangman W, Shin HT, Orlow SJ, Schaffer JV. “Pediatric blaschkitis”: expanding the spectrum of childhood acquired Blaschko-linear dermatoses. Pediatr Dermatol. 2007 Nov-Dec;24(6):621-7.
- Nagaraj LV, Fangman W, White WL, Woosley JT, Prose N, Selim MA, Morrell DS. Self-healing juvenile cutaneous mucinosis: cases highlighting subcutaneous/fascial involvement. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006 Dec;55(6):1036-43.
- Fangman WL, Selim MA, Murray JC. Hypopigmented macules in Darier’s Disease. Arch Dermatol 2006;142(2):235-240.
- Fangman WL, Cook JL. Post-radiation sarcoma: A case report and review of the potential complications of therapeutic ionizing radiation. Dermatol Surg 2005;31:966-72.
- Fangman WL, Burton CS. Hyperkeratotic Rim in Gram Negative Toe Web Infections. Arch Dermatol 2005;141(5):658
- Fangman WL and Prose N. Precalcaneal Congenital Fibrolipomatous Hamartomas: Report of Occurrence in Half Brothers. Pediatr Dermatol 2004;21:655-656.
- Fangman WL, Rao CH, and Myers SA. Hypertrophic Herpes Simplex Virus in HIV Patients. J Drugs Dermatol 2003;2:198-201. (Also selected for publication in: Hale K, ed. Select Case Reports from the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology New York: Physicians’ Continuing Education Corporation, 2004:69-74.)
- Anderson DJ, Fangman W, Fowler VG, Corey GR, Sexton DJ. A returning traveler with fever and rash. Clin Infect Dis 2005; 41: 1453-4, 1529-30.
- Heller M, Karen JK, Fangman W. Acroangiodermatitis. Dermatol Online J. 2007 Jan 27;13(1):2.
- Abbasi NR, Brownell I, Fangman W. Familial multiple angiolipomatosis. Dermatol Online J. 2007 Jan 27;13(1):3.
- Hazan C, Fangman W. Multiple cutaneous granular-cell tumors. Dermatol Online J. 2007 Jan 27;13(1):4.
- Hunzeker CM, Fangman W, Latkowski JA.. Folliculotropic mycosis fungoides. Dermatol Online J. 2007 Jan 27;13(1):5.
- Brownell I, Fangman W. Hepatitis C virus infection, type III cryoglobulinemia, and necrotizing vasculitis. Dermatol Online J. 2007 Jan 27;13(1):6.
- Kim C, Fangman W. Keratosis follicularis (Darier-White disease), with an unusual palmoplantar keratoderma. Dermatol Online J. 2007 Jan 27;13(1):7.
- Fangman WL, Draft K, Kamino H. Sebaceous Poroma. The American Society of Dermatopathology 42nd Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, October 2005.
- Fangman WL, Herman CM, Cook JL, and Selim MA. Post-radiation Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma Following Treatment of Eruptive Squamous Cell Carcinoma In-Situ in an African American Male. The American Society of Dermatopathology 41st Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, October 2004.
- Fangman WL, Stoddard ER, Howell DN, Turner WH, Murray JC, Selim MA, and Herman CM. Trichodysplasia Spinulosa – A Review with Emphasis on Pathologic Features. The American Society of Dermatopathology 40th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 2003.
- Fangman WL, Stoddard ER, Myers SA, Herman CM, and Selim MA. Atypical Presentation of Herpes Simplex Virus with Pseudoepitheliomatous Hyperplasia. The American Society of Dermatopathology 40th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 2003.
- Fangman WL, Burton CS. Pyoderma Gangrenosum Exacerbated by Surgically Induced Pathergy. 2004 American Academy of Dermatology Gross and Microscopic Symposium