American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery
- CaroMont Regional Medical Center, Gastonia
- MD, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island
- BS, with honors in Neuroscience, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- General Surgery Residency, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Residency, Duke University Medical Center
- Research Fellowship, New York University School of Medicine Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York, NY
Dr. Butala is a double board-certified surgeon in both general and plastic surgery. Dr. Butala comes to Piedmont Plastic Surgery & Dermatology with surgical experience from New York City and Duke University Medical Center. He graduated magna cum laude from Brown University and has had training in both cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
He specializes in aesthetic and skin cancer surgery, particularly breast and body contouring, and has also received specialized training in breast reconstruction. He has published extensively in the fields of fat grafting and received awards from the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons as well as the Wound Healing Society.
Dr. Butala’s years of training have taught him the value of an individualized patient experience. He feels fortunate in that he loves what he does, and making patients feel whole and beautiful through reconstructive and aesthetic surgery has become his passion.
From initial consultation to postoperative follow-up, he endeavors to tailor his approach to each patient to provide an exceptional experience. He looks forward to building a comfortable and trusting relationship and strives to provide the best results.