American Board of Dermatology
- CaroMont Regional Medical Center, Gastonia
- M.D., East Carolina University
- M.B.A., East Carolina University
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dermatology Residency, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Internship, Transitional Year Program, Riverside Regional Medical Center
Dr. Porter is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in general medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. A native North Carolinian, he obtained a Bachelor of Science with a second major in Spanish from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He subsequently obtained his combined Doctor of Medicine and Master of Business Administration degrees from East Carolina University. During medical school, he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and was the recipient of the Jacob Furth Student Research Award, presented to the senior medical student who performed the most outstanding research in the Department of Internal Medicine. Dr. Porter completed his internship training at Riverside Regional Medical Center in Newport News, Virginia. He then moved to Nashville, Tennessee where he completed his specialty training in dermatology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and served as Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology during his final year. When not working, Dr. Porter loves running, college basketball, and spending time with his family.