Giving back to the Community
Our PPSD offices are once again helping out in our local communities. Here are some upcoming highlights:
- “Tasting at the Chef’s Table” Fundraiser. PPSD is helping sponsor this fundraising event to be held on Friday, September 11, at the Schiele Museum in Gastonia. Proceeds will benefit the BackPack Weekend Food Program. The organization provides backpacks of food to over 900 school children each weekend in the greater Gaston County area. Most of these children rely on the free breakfast and lunch programs within their schools; the backpacks provide food for them when the school meals are not available on the weekends.
- Kings Mountain Historical Museum’s 12th Annual Reverse Raffle & Auctions. PPSD donated a skincare gift certificate to be auctioned off at this annual fundraising event to be held Saturday, September 12, at the H. Lawrence Patrick Senior Life and Conference Center. The event proceeds provide vital support for the Museum exhibits and programs.
- Pink Boots Ball. PPSD donated a Botox gift certificate for the annual fundraiser to be held on Saturday, September 19, at Carmel Country Club. The money benefits Carolina Breast Friends, a local charity that provides a positive environment linking breast cancer survivors through education, encouragement, and friendship. They offer monthly support meetings, as well as distribute outreach items to over 35 medical facilities including Novant Presbyterian Hospital and Carolinas Medical Center.
- Gastonia Muscular Dystrophy Association Lock-Up. Several PPSD employees are participating in this event on Wednesday, September 23, to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association. By participating in the lock-up, the employees are helping to raise money to “get out of jail.” These funds will help MDA find treatments and cures, support families with life-enhancing programs and resources, and rally communities everywhere to fight back against muscle disease.
- 2nd Annual Mike Sherrill Memorial Golf Tournament. PPSD donated a Botox gift certificate. The event will be held on Saturday, August 22, at Green Meadows Golf Course in Mount Holly, NC in honor of Mike Sherrill who passed away in 2012 from colon cancer. Proceeds to benefit Colon Cancer Alliance, Wounded Warrior Project, and Compassionate Friends.