Anesthesia protects the patient from experiencing discomfort before, during and in the recovery phase of their procedure. Here at PPSD our goal is to meet your cosmetic procedure expectations while keeping you safe and comfortable during your operation.
How Can I Minimize These Risks?
- Discuss all your options thoroughly with your doctor.
- Be sure to disclose your full medical history and list of allergies to your doctor. Leaving out a critical piece of information can mean the difference between a pleasant experience and a potential complication.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding abstaining from food prior to surgery. Failing to do so can lead to serious consequences, such as aspiration pneumonia or even death.
- Herbal formulas, vitamins and supplements should also be avoided for several weeks before your procedure, as some of these can react negatively with anesthesia.
- Take the medicine you are instructed to take prior to surgery; stop the medicine you are instructed to temporarily hold prior to surgery.