Dr. Euphemia W. Mu, a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in Mohs micrographic surgery, cutaneous oncology, procedural dermatology, and cosmetics, is excited to return to Charlotte, NC, where she was born and raised.
Dr. Mu is a former valedictorian of Myers Park High School who went on to major in Molecular Biology at Princeton University before enrolling at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine where she was awarded the 2011 American Dermatologic Association Fellowship and 2012 American Skin Association Grants for her research on melanoma. After her residency at the Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology at New York University, where she won the Dermatologic Society of Greater New York Annual Stritzler Resident Speaking Competition and American Academy of Dermatology Dermpath Bowl, Dr. Mu completed her fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology at Mount Sinai Beth Israel under Dr. Desiree Ratner, one of the leaders in the field.
Dr. Mu has received extensive training in minimally-invasive, tissue-sparing surgical removal of skin cancers and facial reconstructions. She has published widely in the field of dermatology, including 19 first author manuscripts and book chapters, seven oral presentations at national conferences, and three e-books. She is committed to providing leading expertise in caring for her patients.
Dr. Mu was honored to receive Lake Norman's annual Normy Award for Best Dermatologist.
- Mu E, Quatrano NA, Yagerman S, Ratner D, Meehan SA. “Evaluation Of MITF, SOX10, MART-1, And R21 Immunostaining For The Diagnosis Of Residual Melanoma In Situ On Chronically Sun-Damaged Skin.” Dermatologic Surgery, 44(7):933-938, 2018.
- Mu E, Meehan S. Meehan’s Dermatopathology: Doppelgängers & Stags, New York, NY: iBook. https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/meehans-dermatopathology-doppelg%C3%A4ngers-stags/id1128545158?mt=11
- Quatrano NA, Mu E, Orbuch DE, Haimovic A, Geronemus R, Brauer JA. “Demographic and Tumor Characteristics of Patients Younger than 50 Years with Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer Referred for Mohs Micrographic Surgery.” J Drugs Dermatol. 17(5): 499-505, 2018.
- Mu E, Greenbaum S. “The Transposition Flap for the Reconstruction of Lower Cutaneous Lip Defects.” Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. 16(4):385, 2017.
- Mu E, Lewin J, Stevenson M, Meehan S, Carucci J, Gareau D. “Use of Digitally Stained Multimodal Confocal Mosaics for Screening Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer.” JAMA Dermatology. 152(12):1335-1341, 2016.
- Mu E, Lange J, Strouse J. “Comparison of the Use and Results of Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Children and Young Adults with Melanoma.” Cancer. 118: 2700-2707, 2012.